If you're reading this, you probably have a thyroid issue. Maybe you have even been diagnosed with Hashimoto's or Hypothyroidism. Let's talk about how to decrease thyroid antibodies naturally!
Hopefully you have had a full thyroid panel done that confirmed the number of antibodies you have present. We are looking at TgAb, or Thyroglobulin antibodies and TPO, or Thyroid peroxidase antibodies.
If you have not had a full thyroid panel done, you can order one yourself here.
So, I'm here to show you how I personally decreased my thyroid antibodies from abnormal to into a normal range.
Here's a picture of my lab tests to show you:
As you can see, my Thyroid Peroxidase antibodies went from 21 to 5! A 75% decrease in just a few months with some simple changes.
If your antibodies are much higher, don't worry, this method still works!
So let's break it down into 5 Easy Steps:
1) Cut out gluten. This means all normal breads, pastas,...
Did you know that you can improve your hypothyroidism? This is something that many doctors or the internet do not tell you.
I am so happy to be talking about this today because I think it is something that does not get talked about enough.
We hear all the time about how more and more people are being diagnosed with hypothyroidism and what does that mean?
Basically, our thyroid gland (a master gland of our body!) is not producing enough thyroid hormone and we are feeling the negative effects.
The main question we need to ask why? Why did this happen and how do we get to the root of the problem?
Was it gut issues in your digestion system? Stress? Infection? Lack of proper nutrients?
While there are many causes and factors of hypothyroidism, there are also many symptoms.
These effects of hypothyroidism can include:
Hi there, I'm Dr. Sarah and I haven't always been on top of the hypothyroidism mountain.
When I was in chiropractic school, I started feeling very fatigued. I noticed that my face was puffy, my hair was falling out, and I felt plain awful.
Does this sound familiar?
I had bloating, dry skin, cold hands and feet, and had brain fog even though I was trying my best to go to class and study all day.
I had a textbook case of Hypothyroidism.
I went to see a primary care doctor and was given a very basic (and not enough information) test, and my TSH was HIGH, meaning that my body was struggling to make enough thyroid hormone.
Did you know that your thyroid hormones impact all cells in your body?
Meaning that your:
That tiny butterfly gland on your neck? I know, it's crazy right?
So anyway... being a student in training to be a doctor and...
November is upon us, which means one thing: it's holiday season!
While the holidays are a time to enjoy spending time with our loved ones, it can also be a time of stress for those trying to cut down on unhealthy food.
After all, if your Aunt Maeve offers you a piece of her decadent pumpkin pie, who are you to say no?!
Well, I'm here to offer a few tips and tricks to anyone out there trying to stay healthier during the holidays.
1) Keep up with your greens! Hopefully most of the places you'll be attending during the holidays will have some green veggies or salad. Make that be 1/4 to 1/2 of your plate so that it leaves less room for unhealthier items. By eating greens you'll be getting phytonutrients, plenty of fiber, and even some hydration to keep you feeling your best.
2) Bring healthy snacks while traveling. Since Thanksgiving and Christmas yield some of the busiest times of the year, it can be easy to have to stop for that...
Today let's chat about 5 Reasons to Go Gluten Free if you have hypothyroidism!
1) Gluten is inflammatory for most people. Research has showed that 1/3 of Americans were found to be intolerant to gluten. This means that when we eat it, the body responds to it with a heightened immune system. With hypothyroidism, the gliadin in gluten looks very similar to thyroid tissue. When your body goes to attack the gliadin, it mistakenly attacks the thyroid tissue instead! This can cause detrimental effects to the thyroid gland over time.
2) Most wheat products are sprayed with many chemicals which hinder thyroid function. Have you heard of Round Up and the glyphosate lawsuits for causing cancer and other diseases? These chemicals have a significant effect on your hormones and can impair thyroid function. By eliminating gluten in your diet, you can bypass these harmful chemicals...
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
Are you sick of struggling with hypothyroidism symptoms... brain fog, fatigue, inability to lose weight, hair loss, stress...?
Yes, same. I've felt it. I've been there.
We are all on the track to better health together.
I've been a steadfast researcher, reading everything I can on hypothyroidism and pouring in thousands of dollars for continuing education to get to the ROOT of the problem.
That's the thing... a lot of times we look for band-aids for problems or magic pills that will just make everything better. (Spoiler: This supplement will help!)
While this sounds like the easy way out, it's not necessarily the best way.
Let me tell you why.
The body is a holistic complex system, functioning as a WHOLE being. That means that if we want a global change for ourselves, we need to take well rounded ACTION.
This is why I have...