Please note, this post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission with no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I only recommend products that I use and love! Thank you for your support!
Dry brushing as a continual practice is such a beautiful way to honor your skin, body, and heart.
It may seem odd, brushing your skin... but trust me it feels amazing. Using a dry brush with bristles in an upward, gentle, sweeping motion (always towards your heart) has a wide array of benefits both physically and mentally.
It is best to dry brush before showering (hence, dry ; )) . Trust me, I did this and I felt so reinvigorated during my shower. It's incredible how some simple self care can help you feel strong, powerful, and excited to seize the day.
Here are the 5 top health reasons to start dry brushing:
1) Naturally exfoliates the skin to nurture new glowing skin cells and help say goodbye to old skin cells that are ready to go. Some have said that it can help reduce cellulite as well as it smoothes out the skin- try it for yourself and see what happens!
2) Improves circulation and lymph flow that is essential for healing and continued body balance. A lot of us sit for a lot of the day and we don't get proper circulation to our feet, legs, and arms. This helps facilitate your blood flow which is crucial for overall health.
3) Promotes detoxification by improving circulation and lymph flow. If we are stagnant and are not moving and sweating (as we are meant to) our organs and muscles can get sluggish and not work as well. Detox is so important for our bodies to get rid of toxins so any excuse to help support this will make you feel more energized and healthy.
4) Improves energy by getting our blood and circulation flowing. It was surprising to me how rejuvenating it was the first time I did it. Remember, that self care is health care! When you take care of yourself you will feel more at peace.
5) Creates a feeling of wellbeing by taking care of yourself. It is so important for us all to take some time out of our busy lives to care for ourselves both physically, mentally, and emotionally. We know that if we feel better physically it positively affects our mental and emotional states. Take care of yourself in all these areas and you will thank yourself!
Let's get going - let me know how it goes!