The Top 5 Benefits of Coconut Oil
Aug 20, 2019
Please note, this post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission with no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I only recommend products that I use and love! Thank you for your support!
We love coconut oil! Whether you are using it in your coffee, smoothies, for hair conditioning, or to hydrate the skin, it offers a variety of health benefits!
Here are the top 5 benefits of coconut oil below:
- Balances hormones! The medium chain fatty acids (or MCTs) in coconut oil provide healthy types of fat that are wonderful for keeping your hormones in equilibrium.
- Provides quick and lasting energy! The MCTs in coconut oil are able to be utilized quickly in the body and also keep you feeling fuller for longer, often aiding in weight management.
- Reduces inflammation in the body, which is at the core of healthy living. We come into contact with toxins and inflammation daily through products and even stress. This is also done through improving gut health. When we improve our gut health, we also decrease inflammation in our body, aiding in pain reducing and improved mood.
- Helps build healthy muscle and reduce unwanted fat. Coconut oil is a great way to get stronger and feel better in your body.
- Helps stimulate thyroid health, improving the body's metabolism and weight loss.
Coconut oil is safe to cook with at high heats, so should be used instead of oils with lower heat indexes, such as olive oil.
You can easily add coconut oil to your coffee, smoothies, skin and hair routines.
I would recommend getting organic, cold pressed, and unrefined coconut oil for best health benefits!
Do you want a Free Guide to 7 Foods for Weight Loss and Increased Energy?