Weight loss is one of the top difficulties that women with hypothyroidism face. Learn what to eat and drink to lose 10 pounds even with a low functioning thyroid today!
While feeling tired, having a puffy face, and having low energy are all difficult, putting on a lot of weight, especially quickly, can bring down people's mood and make it harder to get started again with exercise.
This can have an even bigger impact on how some women feel in their bodies.
While we want to support women and their health from the inside out, here are some quick tips to get back to your natural healthy weight!
Pin this image so that you can reference it later!
Weight loss needs to be holistic in order for it to last.
This means you can't cut all "bad" calories and then expect to just stick with it!
Lifestyle change needs to be made up of gradual habit changes that add up over time.
Need help knowing what to eat for your thyroid and how to support it? Check out this Healing Hypothyroidism Course!
Here are 7 Quick Ways to Start Losing Weight.
1. Get on a probiotic. Gut health is the key to immune health as well as mood and brain health. Make sure you are giving your gut what it needs to flourish! I recommend this probiotic by Dr. Amy Myers. It survives the acid of the stomach, so it is better absorbed in the small intestine. I have noticed significant weight loss with taking this! You will also automatically get a $10 off coupon!
2. Lift weights or do yoga. Building muscle is a great way to improve your muscle tone and burn more calories throughout your day. This can be 2 pound, 5, pound or 10 pound weights.
Doing these in the morning, at lunch, or when you get home is an easy way to workout at home or during the day. You'll feel so accomplished when you get a 10 minute lifting session in during the day!
Side note: This doesn't mean going to the gym 7 days a week or doing a lot of pushups. It just means getting your body moving, muscles working, and helping your body get rid of toxins.
Don't feel good enough to lift weights? No problem. Simply take a 10-15 minute walk in the morning, at lunch, or in the evenings.
Yoga is another excellent way to stretch, improve circulation, and gain muscle.
Getting moving is key to losing weight.
3. Sweat every day. Whether its a brisk walk or a gentle jog, getting your body moving is going to move your lymph fluid, helping you detox your body and lose fat.
The more you are able to sweat, the better your circulation will be.
This helps the hands and feet stay warmer, rather than feel frigid, as many people with thyroid issues will attest to.
4. Get Enough Sleep. This means at least 7-8 hours! When your body is sleep deprived, it runs more on a sympathetic state, which activates cortisol and adrenaline. These hormones actually make the body hold onto fat, especially in the abdominal area.
5. Drink half of your body weight in ounces. Staying hydrated can be tough, especially if you're not working out. You might not think you need that much water, but all cells in your body need water to function properly. This will also help you release toxins from your body.
6. Start taking a comprehensive thyroid supplement such as Zhou nutrition's Thyroid Support. This has helped me so much because it has:
Which are all main building blocks of thyroid hormone. You needs these nutrients for your metabolism to be at it's best.
7. Meditate. Decreasing stress is going to help you lose weight! Yes, I am "prescribing" you to do self care every day! Even if it's 5 minutes, this makes a difference.
And finally, get on a Thyroid Healthy Meal Plan!
What you get:
Remember, weight loss with hypothyroidism is possible!
Free resource: Free Hypothyroidism Diet and Lifestyle Guide
Have questions or comments? We would love to hear about them below!
Like what you read? Please share it!
It is our mission to help all people get healthier around the world - so thank you for helping our cause!