7 Quick Tips on How to Lose Weight During the Holidays
Nov 05, 2020
We are all getting ready for the holidays! While we have lots of great food, time with family and friends, it can be a time when people want to indulge but also don't want to gain weight. Check out these 7 tips on how to lose weight during the holidays.
- Start the day with warm lemon water to cleanse the liver. This is very helpful especially if you had alcohol the night before which can congest the liver.
- Get outside and move in the morning. Whether this is walking the dog, going for a jog, or lifting some weights, this is a great start to the day and gets your metabolism going. You'll also feel more energized and accomplished during the day too.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. This will help you feel full to start the day and makes it less likely that you will fill up on unhealthy calories. Healthy breakfasts can include eggs, yogurt, oatmeal, or a smoothie.
- Eat at least 3 veggies per day. Make sure you’re getting veggies in at lunch and dinner. You can also snack on veggies rather than unhealthy snacks. Try cutting up carrots, cucumbers, celery, and bell peppers and dipping them in hummus. This can be a good way to get in healthy phytonutrients as well as a lot of water, since these veggies are mostly water!
- Park far away when running errands or going shopping. Every step adds up! If you have the choice of using stairs, take it! Your body will thank you.
- Drink enough water throughout the day. This is especially important if you're loading up on coffee or alcohol, which both dehydrate you! Aim for at least 1/2 of your weight in ounces per day. You need more than this if you are sweating and working out.
- Get enough sleep. Research has proven that a lack of sleep is related to weight gain. Make sure you are getting those 7-8+ hours to rest and restore your body before more fun begins!
Still having trouble with eating healthy for your body or losing weight? Did you know your thyroid gland may be to blame? Your thyroid controls your metabolism and can make you gain weight if not functioning optimally.
Get my Free Hypothyroidism Diet Guide Here!