7 Easy Ways to Start Detoxing Today
Jan 27, 2020
Everyone needs a good detox.
We encounter so many toxins each day from our products, to our food, to our thoughts!
Doing a mental health and physical detox is helpful to improve:
- Immune System
- Brain Functioning
- Heart Health
I am on a mission to spread the word about how to live a cleaner life holistically to impact all aspects of our health!
Here are 7 Easy Ways to Start Detoxing Today
1) Drink warm lemon water each morning.
- Helps cleanse the colon
- Vitamin C improves skin tone
- Boosts the immune system
- Keeps you hydrated for supple skin and expelling of toxins
2) Increase your fiber intake.
- Fiber is key to help us lose (through number 2!) toxins and chemicals
- This is best found in fruits and veggies and other great sources of fiber are dried prunes, apples, chia seeds.
3) Dry brush each day.
- Dry brushing helps stimulate the lymphatic system, which moves the toxins and waste out of the body.
- Because our body doesn't have a lymphatic pump, we need to move to get our lymph flowing.
- Sweating doesn't have to mean running up 10 flights of stairs. You can sweat by walking briskly or by swimming or doing yoga.
- By sweating, your body is releasing toxins.
5) Eat organically
- When possible, choose organic foods because they will not have the pesticides and chemicals that other foods are sprayed wtih.
6) Cut out processed foods
- Processed foods have a lot of additives and chemicals even if on the packaging it says "natural" It's up to you to search on the packaging - or better yet just try and stick to mostly foods from the earth!
7) Stay hydrated all day
- You need water to continue expelling toxins through sweat and going to the bathroom
- If you do not have enough water, it can lead to decreased sweating and constipation!
- We want to make sure you keep all of your cells functioning well and have great energy!