We all could use some support in our health!
As we are getting into the colder months of winter, having a warm tea is a great way to stay cozy at work or at home.
What if your tea could help you detox, lose those extra pounds, and support your vital organs?
Your answer is here:
This tea has an incredible blend of herbs that supports so many areas of your body, from your adrenals, liver, kidneys, and your skin and brain.
Getting rid of toxins is so important, and this gentle tea will help you get ahead of the curve!
I'm going to go over the key ingredients below so you understand how powerful this tea is:
1) Milk thistle- Acts as an antioxidant and gets rid of free radicals in the liver. Helps to detox the liver.
2) Peppermint- Soothes the stomach and aids in digestion. Relieves gas and bloating.
3) Dandelion- Powerful anti-inflammatory and helps decrease blood sugar and fat around the liver.
Hi there -
I am so happy to be talking about this today because I think it is something that does not get talked about enough.
We hear all the time about how more and more people are being diagnosed with hypothyroidism and what does that mean?
Basically, our thyroid gland (a master gland of our body!) is not producing enough thyroid hormone and we are feeling the negative effects.
The main question we need to ask why? Why did this happen and how do we get to the root of the problem?
Was it gut issues in your digestion system? Stress? Infection? Lack of proper nutrients?
While there are many causes and factors of hypothyroidism, there are also many symptoms.
These effects of hypothyroidism can include weight gain, inability to lose weight, puffiness in the face, fatigue, feeling cold, brain fog, constipation, anxiety, depression, and the list goes on!
The GREAT news is that myself and many others have figured out the KEY to...
Not going to lie, I was pretty skeptical about CBD products when they were first all the rage. Granted, I was fairly uneducated at the start, but just the thought of being connected to a drug was just really not my thing.
After doing more research, and seeing the wide variety of hemp seed oil uses and benefits and knowing for certain that there is NO THC or addictive properties whatsoever, it's truly just from the same plant, this gave me more interest in learning about the products.
What I was especially interested in was the anti-anxiety and stress reducing capabilities of a lotion. I had used lavender essential oils and calming teas prior, but I had never actually tried a CBD cream or lotion.
Wow, was I in for a surprise.
I first came across this brand called CBD Daily online. Of course the internet knows by now that I love all-natural products and I'm always looking for the highest quality item.
I was able...
Hi there, I'm Dr. Sarah and I haven't always been on top of the hypothyroidism mountain.
When I was in chiropractic school, I started feeling very fatigued. I noticed that my face was puffy, my hair was falling out, and I felt plain awful.
Does this sound familiar?
I had bloating, dry skin, cold hands and feet, and had brain fog even though I was trying my best to go to class and study all day.
I had a textbook case of Hypothyroidism.
I went to see a primary care doctor and was given a very basic (and not enough information) test, and my TSH was HIGH, meaning that my body was struggling to make enough thyroid hormone.
Did you know that your thyroid hormones impact all cells in your body?
Meaning that your:
That tiny butterfly gland on your neck? I know, it's crazy right?
So anyway... being a student in training to be a doctor and...
November is upon us, which means one thing: it's holiday season!
While the holidays are a time to enjoy spending time with our loved ones, it can also be a time of stress for those trying to cut down on unhealthy food.
After all, if your Aunt Maeve offers you a piece of her decadent pumpkin pie, who are you to say no?!
Well, I'm here to offer a few tips and tricks to anyone out there trying to stay healthier during the holidays.
1) Keep up with your greens! Hopefully most of the places you'll be attending during the holidays will have some green veggies or salad. Make that be 1/4 to 1/2 of your plate so that it leaves less room for unhealthier items. By eating greens you'll be getting phytonutrients, plenty of fiber, and even some hydration to keep you feeling your best.
2) Bring healthy snacks while traveling. Since Thanksgiving and Christmas yield some of the busiest times of the year, it can be easy to have to stop for that...
Do you have unrelenting weight that you just can't lose? Maybe you've tried all the fad diets/bars/exercise classes and you aren't getting anywhere.
Well, I'm here to give you the answers.
Weight loss isn't just about how much you're working out.
There are many other factors that play into your weight and how you feel in your body.
Here are top 5 key players that you are probably overlooking in your weight loss journey:
1) Thyroid Functioning - Your thyroid plays a significant role in your metabolism. If your thyroid isn't functioning optimally, it can cause your entire body to go into a "slowed down" state. This means slowing down your metabolism, blood pressure, heart rate, hair growth, digestion, and muscle growth.
Because 27 million Americans have thyroid disease and 60% of them are undiagnosed, I encourage you to get a full thyroid panel tested - you can get it easily here. Just go to your nearest testing site, get a quick blood draw, and you'll...
Today let's chat about 5 Reasons to Go Gluten Free if you have hypothyroidism!
1) Gluten is inflammatory for most people. Research has showed that 1/3 of Americans were found to be intolerant to gluten. This means that when we eat it, the body responds to it with a heightened immune system. With hypothyroidism, the gliadin in gluten looks very similar to thyroid tissue. When your body goes to attack the gliadin, it mistakenly attacks the thyroid tissue instead! This can cause detrimental effects to the thyroid gland over time.
2) Most wheat products are sprayed with many chemicals which hinder thyroid function. Have you heard of Round Up and the glyphosate lawsuits for causing cancer and other diseases? These chemicals have a significant effect on your hormones and can impair thyroid function. By eliminating gluten in your diet, you can bypass these harmful chemicals...
Please note, this post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission, with no extra cost to you. This helps support the blog and allows me to continue to make free content to help people with their health. I only recommend products that I use and love! Thank you for your support!
Are you sick of struggling with hypothyroidism symptoms... brain fog, fatigue, inability to lose weight, hair loss, stress...?
Yes, girl, same. I've felt it. I've been there.
We are all on the track to better health together.
I've been a wild researcher, reading everything I can on hypothyroidism and pouring in thousands of dollars for continuing education to get to the ROOT of the problem.
That's the thing... a lot of times we look for band-aids for problems or magic pills that will just make everything better. (Spoiler: This supplement will help!)
While this sounds...
Do you have:
Please note, this post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission with no extra cost to you. This helps support the blog and allows me to continue to make free content to help people with their health. I only recommend products that I use and love! Thank you for your support!
Everyone is talking about natural products and there is a huge reason why.
What we put onto our skin has a direct impact on our body and its function.
Aluminum, one of the ingredients in most deodorants, has been shown to impair thyroid function.
It's time to go ALUMINUM FREE!
Since your skin is your biggest organ, we need to take care in what we put on it since it effects our ability to detox and stay healthy.
Let's be real here...
I have always been a person who sweats.. this can be a blessing and a curse.
The blessing: Sweating is a huge and great way our body naturally detoxes...